2 June 2020
To understand and address the frustrations felt by our Shippers and the needs of a changing Industry, a proposal looking at enhancements for the Gemini System was presented at the Change Management Committee meeting in March.
The purpose of this Change Proposal is to deliver a set of requirements captured in the Change, Business Requirements and Solution document (CBRS). This document was a key output from a Feasibility and Analysis (F&A) exercise, which was carried out to look at potential Gemini Enhancements. Key activities include the following:
- Detailed analysis of the selected enhancements
- Engage with Shippers and other Gemini users to clarify those enhancements, where assumptions were made under the F&A
- Define solutions for the in-scope enhancements
- Provide delivery options, including costs, complexity and timescales, taking into consideration the wider Gemini change programme
- Deliver the chosen delivery options
The Change Proposal is expected to bring to life the following benefits:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Improved user experience
- Improved system performance
- Improved access to data including clearer documentation
- Improvements to the change delivery process
What happens next?
We are working with National Grid and plan to hold workshops from Monday 15th June to Friday 24th July. To help identify the scope of each session the workshops will cover the following themes:
- Application Programme Interfaces (APIs)
- System Performance
- Security and User Access
Ahead of the workshops we will share information and materials with you, this will include a questionnaire to help us identify the extent of the changes and areas of the Gemini system needing to be reviewed.
Invites for participation will be issued shortly.
How can I find out more information?
If you would like further information about the Change Proposal or the planned workshops, please contact the project team via email, box.xoserve.GeminiSystemEnhancements@xoserve.com.
Alternatively, please contact the following:
National Grid: Ian Bennett, Project and Change Delivery Manager
Xoserve: Hannah Reddy, Domain Consultant
Share this news article