UK Link Roadmap
Securing the future performance of the platform – for the benefit of the gas industry and its consumers.
Our UK Link Roadmap is the continuation of a multi-year programme of work involving continued maintenance and optimisation
UK Link connects the complex information, technology and communications systems that underpin Britain’s gas market.
Through our roadmap, we're continuing with our multi-year programme of work involving continued maintenance and optimisation.
We’re continuing with our controlled approach to maintain and optimise the UK Link platform following the move to cloud.
What this involves
As part of the roadmap, we are:
- delayering, reducing and replacing older, inflexible technologies with newer, more cost-efficient ones
- aligning UK Link infrastructure with industry best practice (MS Azure Well-Architected Framework)
- delivering process automation and enhancement, real-time data integration, data quality improvements, Azure reporting and MI capability
- £2.1m reduction in Service and Operate costs across three years.
- 25% reduction in project delivery timescales and costs associated with UK Link Major Releases.
- 20% reduction in total defects in post-implementation support for Major and Minor Releases.
- 75% automation of core process testing scenarios.
- Early preparation for mandated SAP4HANA upgrade in 2027.
Read our 2023 Business Plan for full business case details
We’ll share quarterly updates on our progress from the end of Q1 for BP23.
Read our 2023 Business Plan to find more information on this business case.
2023 Business Plan - Final Version
The final version of our BP 2023/24 document which sets out our strategic priorities and budget for the next financial year (April 2023 to March 2024) and provides forecasts for the following two financial years (April 2024 to March 2026).
PDF, Last Updated 31/01/2023, 8.2 MB